German international Mario Gotze has, after 'intensive consideration', confirmed he would be leaving Borussia Dortmund in the summer transfer window when his contract with the club expires.
The 27-year-old had been a part of the Dortmund senior squad from 2009 to 2013 before leaving for arch-rivals Bayern Munich. Gotze, known for the goal that won Germany the FIFA World Cup in 2014, then returned to his boyhood club, BVB, in 2016 and has been with them ever since.
Mario Gotze: "Today I would like to announce that after intensive consideration, I have decided to make a change in the planning of my career. I have consciously taken my time over this step."— Bridge News (@cfc_wale) April 9, 2020
Although Gotze has been struggling to find form, there will likely be many clubs interested in acquiring his services, who has won many laurels both at the club and national level.
"First of all, I hope according to the circumstances that you and your loved ones are doing well in the present situation. Today I would like to announce that after intensive consideration, I have decided to make a change in the planning of my career," Gotze said [via Evening Standard], announcing he would leave the German outfit in the summer.
Gotze has also declared Reza Fazeli as his new agent. "I have consciously taken my time over this step. It is an important decision for my sporting future and I am very much looking forward to working with Reza Fazeli and his agency International Soccer Management (ISM), whose professional competence has absolutely convinced me," the former Bayern Munich star said.