UEFA have released the top 20 wage bills in European football as Barcelona lead the way, followed by Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain. The Catalans have some of the best players in the world and that is reflected in their wage bill.
Indeed, the presence of Lionel Messi alone sets them back by over a million euros each week but it is all worth it due to the fact that the Argentine is the greatest player to have every played for the Blaugranas and arguably in the history of the sport.
The list, however, is mainly dominated by English sides while Italian and Germans sides also making their appearance.
4th - Man United— SPORTbible (@sportbible) January 17, 2020
7th - Liverpool
10th - Juventus
20th - Crystal Palace
UEFA have released a list of the top 20 highest club wage bills in Europe... https://t.co/dKCUjeGX1L
Here is the list of the top 20 clubs in Europe in terms of their wage bill for 2018 (H/T: Sport Bible).
20. Crystal Palace = £113 million
19. AS Monaco = £114 million
18. Leicester City = £115 million
17. AC Milan = £129 million
16. AS Roma = £136 million
15. Inter Milan = £136 million
14. Tottenham = £143 million
13. Everton = £154 million
12. Borussia Dortmund = £160 million
11. Atletico Madrid = £182 million
10 Juventus = £224 million
9. Arsenal = £232 million
8. Chelsea = £236 million
7. Liverpool = £255 million
6. Manchester City = £267 million
5. Bayern Munich = £270 million
4. Manchester United = £286 million
3. Paris Saint-Germain = £289 million
2. Real Madrid = £369 million
1. Barcelona = £453 million