Jamshedpur FC host defending champions Bengaluru FC at the JRD Tata Sports Complex in their Indian Super League clash on Sunday.
Here are three things to look out for from this clash...
3. Bengaluru FC looking for their first win
Bengaluru FC tried everything to win their last match against FC Goa. The players demonstrated immense work rate and tenacity to outplay the mighty Gaurs in their own backyard for the majority of the match, and were held to a draw only by a last-gasp Ferran Corominas penalty.
The Blues will need striker Manuel Onwu to start firing along with captain Sunil Chhetri if they are to win this clash against Jamshedpur.
2. Jamshedpur eyeing perfect win streak
Antonio Iriondo’s men have won both their opening fixtures in this season's Indian Super League while Carles Cuadrat’s Bengaluru FC had to settle for back-to-back draws.
Jamshedpur have beaten Hyderabad and Odisha in their first two games and the clash against Bengaluru FC is definitely their toughest game of the season.
If they end up shocking the champions, the Miners will gain tremendous confidence for the rest of the season.
1. Key stats and probable XI from both sides
- Last time at this corresponding fixture, Bengaluru were handed their biggest defeat (5-1).
- Sergio Castel has scored two goals from his three shots on target so far. The entire Bengaluru team has taken three shots on target.
Jamshedpur FC: Subrata Paul (GK), Tiri, Joyner Lourenco, Memo, Keegan Pereira, Aniket Jadhav, Noe Acosta, Robin Gurung, Farukh Choudhary, Piti, Sergio Castel
Bengaluru FC: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu (GK), Juanan, Rahul Bheke, Nishu Kumar, Ashique Kuruniyan, Harmanjot Singh Khabra, Raphael Augusto, Dimas Delgado, Udanta Singh, Manuel Onwu, Sunil Chhetri