Lyon sporting director, Brazilian great Juninho has warned ​Manchester United and ​Juventus to stay away from their star man Moussa Dembele.


The former Celtic striker was on United's radar in this ​summer's transfer window but the Red Devils avoided interest in him after reportedly being ​pushed back from their initial £35m bid for the Frenchman.


Now, Juventus are reportedly still keeping tabs on Dembele, with the transfer window in the rest of Europe still open until September 2.


But, ​Mirror report that despite the Serie A giants sniffing around, newly appointed Juninho has made it clear the Ligue 1 club does not need to sell, and letting their prized possession go would affect Lyon's own ambitions in the near future.



"We are satisfied with the players we have," Juninho told Foot Sur 7. "We must now build collectively. We do not need to sell. I would like everyone to stay with us. If Moussa Dembele was to leave it would do us a lot of harm."


Celtic are still in the picture with regards to any transfer of Dembele from Lyon as they will bag between 10 per cent and 15 per cent of the profit that Lyon make on any deal for Dembele.


The French striker who played for Fulham has already netted three league goals in two appearance so far this season and Lyon owner Jean-Michel Aulas has previously insisted Dembele will stay at the club.


"Moussa Dembele will not leave," Aulas told Le Parisien. "The model was made for him. We recruited according to him. He becomes our number one striker, which he was not totally last season. It is not a question of money, it is a question of ambition."