Former Liverpool striker Neil Mellor has implored manager Jurgen Klopp to forget about raiding Barcelona for an out of form Philippe Coutinho, and said that the Brazilian hasn't been missed since his departure.
Liverpool have been in great form last season, missing out on the Premier League by just one point but won their sixth Champions League title. Coutinho, on the other hand, has not had a great time with Barcelona since he moved in the January transfer window last year.
With the Reds looking to add more quality to their squad for their assault on the Premier League title next season, Mellor insists that Coutinho is certainly not one of the players they should be looking at.
Liverpool have no need to consider bringing Philippe Coutinho back to the club as he “hasn’t been missed” since leaving, says Neil Mellor.— Anfield HQ (@AnfieldHQ) June 15, 2019
“They went from competing for the top four to competing for a title without Coutinho and won the Champions League.”https://t.co/cVYJvz3584
He told American Gambler: “I think Coutinho was a great player for Liverpool and I really did enjoy watching him.
“One of the biggest compliments that you would give the current Liverpool side and Klopp, is that they didn’t really miss Coutinho.