​The ​Indian national football team held Oman to a 0-0 draw in their third friendly encounter ahead of the AFC Asian Cup, courtesy of an inspired performance by goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu.

The Blue Tigers started with Amrinder Singh in goal, Pritam Kotal, Sandesh Jhingan, Anas Edathodika and Subhasish Bose in defence. Udanta, Pronay, Thapa and Narzary formed a four man midfield with Jeje and Sunil Chhetri leading the line.

Oman started the game on the front foot and looked pretty decent in terms of their attacking force. Amrinder was called into action as early as the seventh minute of the game.

India, as expected sat deep at the start of the game, waiting patiently to capitalise on a slip up by Oman and with Sunil Chhetri trying his best to cause problems to the opponents' defence.

As the first half matured, India grew into the game and showed some amazing attacking intent in and around the 35th minute. No goals were scored in the first 45.

Constantine made changes at half-time with Balwant Singh replacing Jeje and Germanpreet Singh came in place of Pronay Halder. The second half also saw India's eventual match-savior, goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu come in, in place of Amrinder Singh.

Just six minutes after coming on, Gurpreet pulled off a brilliant save. Looking at Oman's attacking prowess, the Indian team tried replying with Udanta Singh wrecking havoc on the left-wing, supplying decent deliveries to both Chhetri and Balwant.

Constantine brought in three changes between the 65th and 71st minute. Ashique Kuruniyan in place of Narzary in the 65th minute, Salam Ranjan Singh replaced Anas in the 68th minute and the final change saw Anirudh Thapa give way to Rowllin Borges.

India got their best chance of the match in the 77th and 78th minute with Ashique turning supplier for both opportunities. In the first chance, Ashique outpaced his defender down the left wing and delivered a superb cross to Balwant, who laid it off to Udanta, but the Bengaluru FC star missed the target by inches.

In the second instance, the Indian youngster delivered another pin-point cross to Balwant, but the forward's header landed over the roof of the net. 

As the game entered in the final 10 minutes, both teams looked comfortable in possession and eventually ended up settling for a 0-0 draw as India successfully halted Oman's three match winning run.