Juventus superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly told the club bosses to sign three players from Barcelona in order to compete for the UEFA Champions League title next season, after the Bianconeri were knocked-out by Ajax in the quarter-final stage earlier in the season.
Ronaldo himself was brought it by the club to lead them to their first European trophy since 1996, however despite his best efforts they failed in their quest and now it is reported that the club will look to boost their squad in the summer.
According to reports in Spain as per Dailystar, the 34-year-old wants the club to consider signing the likes of midfielder Ivan Rakitic, defender Samuel Umtiti and goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen from the Catalan giants.
Barcelona will let ten players leave the club this summer, with Philippe Coutinho, Samuel Umtiti and Ivan Rakitic among those set to depart. (AS) pic.twitter.com/dK0vOSyl2H— TransferNewsCentral (@TransferNewsCen) May 10, 2019
The Croatian midfielder is understood to be willing to leave the club after five years, considering that they have brought in Frenkie de Jong from Ajax, which would leave Rakitic's situation in a precarious situation.
Umtiti who has rarely been seen due to injury is another player said to be offloaded despite his promise and with Juve's centre-back pairing of Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci not getting any younger, he would be an ideal replacement for them.
Cillessen for his part has confirmed that this is his last season at the Camp Nou and while there is no surety that he would be starter, the Dutch goalkeeper could be good back-up for current incumbent, Wojciech Szczesny.
It will be interesting to see whether Juventus end up pursuing any of the three players in the summer transfer window.