Chelsea are reported to have lowered the asking price for Eden Hazard as they have spotted his replacement in the form of Nicolas Pepe.
Real Madrid reportedly continue to work on sealing a summer swoop for the Belgian with his contract at Stamford Bridge nearing its end. The Premier League club are now said to have accepted they have no option but to discuss the 28-year-old's sale.
Spanish publication AS report that initial talks between the two clubs saw the Blues set an eye watering asking price of €116m, an amount which is said to be quite above the 80 or 90 million Madrid are thought to have decided to spend on Hazard.
However, Mirror claim that Chelsea have now decided to reach middle ground and have reset their asking price to the bracket of €103m to €105m.
Chelsea drop asking price for Real Madrid target Eden Hazardhttps://t.co/AJBFGX20g2— AS English (@English_AS) April 18, 2019
Real Madrid are in desperate need of a new look, particularly in their forward and as seen on multiple occasions at Chelsea, Hazard is pretty well versed in playing as a striker as well as a number 10 or on the wings.
In 44 club appearances so far in 2018/19, Hazard has smashed in 19 goals and has provided 12 assists to his teammates.
Meanwhile, the Blues are said to be already looking at Hazard's replacements and could end up spending up to €80m on Nicolas Pepe, but they have to be pretty alert in making that move as the player is being targeted by a plethora of clubs.