La Liga league leaders FC Barcelona's board of directors have confirmed that there is no chance that the Blaugrana will try to re-sign their former star Neymar, who left them for Paris Saint-Germain last summer.
Barcelona board's spokesperson Josep Vives has clearly stated that Barcelona are not trying to bring Neymar back and all reports linking the Brazilian to the Catalan giants are just rumours.
Neymar is said to be reportedly unhappy at the Parc des Princes and the winger has spoken to Barcelona players Ivan Rakitic and Philippe Coutinho about the same in the past few days as he recovers from his injury.
The @FCBarcelona dressing room are sending out a dangerous message.— MARCA in English (@MARCAinENGLISH) March 13, 2018
But when it comes to a @neymarjr return...
The hierarchy must stand firm and refuse to consider it.
OPINION 👇 https://t.co/6bEncRTdMp pic.twitter.com/4Qg9qJhKKG
However, Vives spoke about the rumour to Marca on Monday and cleared, "We are not aware of Neymar wanting to return to Barcelona. The Brazilian was a player who left the club and we wished him luck at the time of his departure."
Vives then stated, "Since then, nothing else has happened. We aren't going to enter into a hypothetical debate about what someone says about a player that isn't one of our own."
Meanwhile, PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi has flown to Brazil to meet Neymar, however the French club revealed that his visit was merely for charity and business purposes.