Scottish club Motherwell have opened themselves to a flurry of Indian followers on their social media handle after providing a trial to young Indian goalkeeper Dheeraj Singh.
And after the Dheeraj Singh Training Video was uploaded on the Instagram account of Motherwell FC, their account received more than one thousand followers and presently it stands at 11K followers.
The Indian goalie we have taken on trial Dheeraj Singh. Has 4 times the amount of followers on Instagram that @MotherwellFC have.— Busta (@BustaNut91) February 8, 2018
Tapping the world wide market
2. Alan Burrows, director of Motherwell FC seems to be very impressed with Dheeraj Singh on his first day at training for the Scottish club.
3. Not just India, wishes are pouring in from even Pakistan.
4. Imtiaj has a point. Ever since Motherwell Facebook page updated about Dheeraj Singh's trial, their page received more than 9,000 likes.
5. We are just one signature away from having various Motherwell FC Fan Clubs all across the Nation
6. Well that's the dream, to move onto something bigger after signing up for Motherwell FC.
7. News of Dheeraj's Trial at Motherwell FC is not just confined to Indian Media but even other International twitter handles are covering the news.
This is incredible news.— Scouted Football (@ScoutedFtbl) February 8, 2018
India goalkeeper Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem (17) has started a trial with SPL side Motherwell.
Seriously impressive at last year's U17 World Cup. pic.twitter.com/2uYsWTapc1
8. As thought by Stevie, upon signing Dheeraj, Motherwell FC will not only get a decent goalkeeper in him but will also allow the club to set up a shop in India.
If he becomes the main GK at Kilmarnock, the SPFL/Motherwell could easily do a deal with Ten/SONY or StarSports to sell the league rights, with Motherwell selling merchandise all over the country @Alan_Burrows— Stevie Grieve (@Steviegrieve) February 8, 2018
9. Even few of the Scottish supporters are feeling really positive about this move as it will become much more convenient for the club to capture the Indian Market.
dont know if he is really really good but he is quite good.remember he is indian so there you have a chance to capture indian market if by any chance he makes it to first team ever.— Mr.J (@whoami120) February 8, 2018
10. Alan Burrows, Director of Motherwell FC, came into the scene and assures every Indian Football fan that the only reason Dheeraj is at the trial is because of his Football talents and he deserves to be their and not because of some marketing gimmick
With such buzz around Dheeraj's trial, we can only imagine the social media blast that will occur if the youngster is offered a permanent contract by the club.